Navnath Sampradaya / Inchegiri Navnath Sampradaya
The Nath Sampradaya, later known as the Navnath Sampradaya. Shri Guru Dattatreya or Shri Datta Guru is a Hindu deity (Ishta Devata) encompassing the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, collectively known as Trimurti. In the Nath tradition, Dattatreya is recognized as an Avatar or incarnation of the Lord Vishnu and as the Adi-Guru (first teacher) of the Adinath Sampradaya of the Naths. Dattatreya is the primal manifestation in the Guru tradition (Supreme Guru principal).
According to some learned commentators, the Nath Gurus propound that the entire creation is born out of nada (sound), the divine principle, and Bindu (light), the physical principle and the Supreme Reality from which these two principles emanate is Shiva. Liberation according to them is the merging of the soul into Shiva through the process of laya, dissolution of the human ego, and the sense of I-ness.
The Nath Sampradaya came to be known as Navnath Sampradaya sometime in the remote past, the followers of the sect chose nine of their early Gurus as exemplars of their creed. But there is no unanimity regarding the names of these nine Masters. The most widely accepted list however is as follows:
1. Matsyendranath Or Macchchindranath
2. Gorakhnath or Gorakshnath
3. Jalandharnath or Jalandernath is also known as Jan Peer
5. Gahininath also known as Gaibi Peer
6. Bhartrinath or Bhartarinath or Raja Bhartari
9. Shree Revannath Maharaj
10. Shree Kad – Sidheshwar Maharaj from Siddhigiri Ashram
11. Shree Guru Linga – Jangam Maharaj from Nimbargi (1789/1875)
12. Shree Bhausaheb Maharaj (-1914)
13. Shree Siddharameshwar Maharaj (1875-1936)
14. Shree Nisargadatta Maharaj (1897-1981)
15. Shree Ranjeet Maharaj (1897-1981)